If you are considering buying a home, or are in the process of purchasing a home, here is the list of your Ten Commandments.
Learn it, live it, love it, or you risk both the purchase of your new home, and the sanity of both your lender and your Realtor. (See below for text transcription)
The Ten Commandments of Buying a Home
- Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
- Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it!).
- Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
- Thou shalt not buy furniture on credit.
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
- Thou shalt not make large deposits without checking with your loan officer.
- Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
- Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
The Veteran Realtor®.Get my digital business card for free - click here.
Serving the Florida Suncoast, including Dunedin, Gulfport, South Pasadena, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, and nearby areas.